Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Something you may not know

I was just setting here working on a project and thinking about posting pictures when I get done and realized that a lot of people reading this probably don't know that I do this. It actually makes me feel really old when I tell people that I do but what the heck, I'm not so young anymore. So here it goes. My name is Melanie Dickens and I ................ crochet. There I said it. Yes I crochet. I haven't been doing it for a long time, 3 years almost exactly. I am completely self taught so some of the things that I did in the beginning are currently falling apart. I wanted to make a blanket for some reason so I checked out books from the library and looked things up online and then went and bought a few things to get me started. It took time but I figured out the basics and as they say the rest is history. I have tried a few different things but I really prefer making blankets. I've never really been interested in making clothes but I have done scarves and purses. I have tried sewing and quilting (still go to classes for this) but crocheting just comes natural for me. It is very relaxing and soothes my mind. I'm working on a project now and I will post pictures once I get it finished. In the meantime here is a link to my past projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment