Thursday, May 3, 2012

Too busy to notice?

When you are on a weight-loss journey it is easy to get so busy doing the things that you know you should be doing and to get preoccupied with the number on the scale that you forget to notice the real progress that you are making. I find myself getting caught up in that number on the scale all too often. Only doing the things that I think will make that number smaller. I have to stop and remember that this is about getting healthy, not about getting skinny. I have found one thing that helps me in a huge way with that. I decided to buy myself inspiration clothes. Something that I like, that is just a little too small (not too small or it will get depressing waiting forever to get into it). Last week I got into my first purchase, a pair of jeans. It is truly amazing, the changes that take place in your body while you are too busy looking at the scale. In all honesty, I'm not losing that much weight but I am getting smaller. I can run longer and faster. I can lift more weight and do more reps. I am getting stronger, I am getting healthier. If I keep looking at the scale, those facts get lost. I'm not going to quit weighing in but there is also already a new pair of shorts hanging in my room. Just waiting for my big butt to fit in them.
Mama’s Losin’ It

No comments:

Post a Comment