Monday, July 28, 2008

Our Family History


Part 3: It's all a Blur.


The next 6 years are mostly a blur and at times I regret that now. I knew before we started having kids exactly what I wanted. I have 2 sisters and a brother and mom had all of us pretty far apart, I knew that I didn't want that. I wanted to have all of the kids that I wanted quickly. It went a little quicker than I had planned for though. Joseph was half-planned, we had been going back and forth between being ready and wanting to wait a little longer and after one of the periods of being ready but during a period of wanting to wait I found out I was pregnant. There were 2 and 1/2 years between Audrey and him and that was perfect. This is where things start getting blurry. When Jo was just 9 months old I found out I was pregnant again. This one was not planned and we WERE trying to prevent it. I was devastated, I wasn't ready for this. I spent months doing not much more than crying and rocking. Joseph has never been really close to me, as soon as Andrew started kicking he wouldn't set on my lap anymore and from there he just continued to get closer to his dad and pull away from me. Andrew's birth was rough to say the least and I was done (stick a fork in me done) but a few years later Dear One decided he wanted just one more. He originally wanted 6 so 4 was a compromise in his mind. We I made an agreement that we would try for one more but that if I did get pregnant he would have a vasectomy before the baby was born. On the chance that he didn't have it done I told him I would have my tubes tied immediately after birth if his wasn't done. Of course as is the pattern, I had absolutely no problem getting pregnant. Again of course he didn't have the surgery done by the time Matthew was born so I had mine done. They were wheeling me down the hall to surgery and he was still saying "You aren't really going to do this are you?" How sad is that? When Matthew was born Audrey was 6, Jo was 4 and Drew was 2. It was crazy for quite a few years, as you can imagine.

scan0002






I know that I have posted this one before but it was the only one I thought really appropriate for this post. This was the night before Matt was born. I wish you could tell how big, fat, miserable and tired I was. It's a crappy picture though.













I'm going to do more in detail posts about each of the boys but I wanted to give you the whole picture first.

Next: Part 4: Enter Jo stage left.


No comments:

Post a Comment