Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sedation Dentistry

I took my pill, as instructed, at 9 am and left the house at 9:15. I started to feel a little sleepy on the way there but started to get worried that this wasn't going to work. I signed in at the dental office and they took me in within minutes (afraid I would fall out in the floor I suppose). As I set down in the chair I was really getting worried because I didn't feel "sedated". They talked to me a little, I vaugely remember and then started working. It's really weird when I think about it now because I can remember some things and not others. I can remember them talking and thinking do they know I can here them but I don't really remember anything about the work that they did. They had to make a decision about what to do at one point and I can remember hubby saying "Melanie are you listening" but I don't remember the rest of the conversation. It is very surreal. They didn't get to do all of the work they had planned and did some things they hadn't planned but they fixed the two that were really bothering me and that is great. They also did all of the work to the top front teeth that were getting thin so that is great. Now I don't have to worry about them becoming so thin that they break before January. My mouth is a little sore but that's it. All of the pain is gone and that is great. It doesn't seem that I am going to have a dry socket in the one that they pulled but they didn't get to do the wisdom teeth. All in all I am happy so far. I can't wait to get it all done and have this behind me. I still feel like I could sleep all day today but I think that is just from my body discovering how tired it was when I actually got to stop for the day.

image signature

1 comment:

  1. Ewww, I hate the dentist- gotta find one that does sedation!

    ReplyDelete