Wednesday, November 2, 2011

How long can you hold on to nothing?

When the good out-weighs the bad, it’s simple. When the bad out-weighs the good, you still have the good to hold onto and can push through. When the bad dominates and you can honestly find nothing left that is good, how long can you hold on to nothing?
We all know the expression 'Holding on by a thread' but my question is what do you do when that thread breaks. I'm not talking about life as a whole, I'm talking about individual relationships and circumstances. When the last thread keeping you linked to that is gone, then what? Is there any way to start over? I want to reconnect the threads but I can't figure out how. I can't get to the point that I feel okay with leaving myself open to the possibility of things staying the same even though I'm putting my heart and soul into changing it. I can't imagine continuing with it if it stays the same either. Another expression comes to mind. 'One day at a time'. That's where I'm at right now but that can't last forever. At some point just surviving this day won't be enough anymore and the circumstances will have to change.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are in a tough place...... I hope you find answers soon!

    Blessed So and So
    www.aeverydayblessedsoandso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to find what made you want to "hold on" in the first place. If necessary, you may need time alone to really think about it. Before you say that you can not do this, explain yourself and how important this is to you and how you are feeling. You have had to grow up fast and take on so much responsibility at a young age, and just when you think that you will have time to really catch your breath and things "should" be getting easier, life throws yet another curve ball and you find that it's still difficult. People change. None of us are who we were 5 years ago, 10 years ago, or even 20 years ago. We live and learn by mistakes made and our own personal achievements too. I just hope that you're not in a rut or that somewhere along the way, the "thread" didn't become just routine and placed on a back burner and you have forgotten what it was like in the beginning. You will make it with lots of prayer and your family & friends who love you.

    ReplyDelete