Thursday, December 1, 2011

The best way out is always through

The best way out is always through. ~ Robert Frost

The easiest thing is to ignore the hard things in our life. To force the hurt and pain down inside. There are times that it doesn't work, can't work. There are things that are too big to hold inside. Sometimes through is not only the best way but the only way.  Some tragedies are so big that there is no actual through, your life is forever changed. When my husbands Mines had an explosion that is what happened to us. It is taking time to figure out how to live our lives on this side of it. 

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. 
It goes on. ~ Robert Frost

As hard as that is to except sometimes it is how our lives work. Although life goes on that doesn't mean it goes on exactly the same. That it can go on exactly the same. It's been hard. Hard to except that it actually happened, Hard to believe that they are all really gone. Hard to listen to the lies and untruths told for a little fame. Hard to be judged by so many others. Hard on both of us for him to go to work everyday. My husband is one of the few that was left working there to keep things running while they did the investigation. This has made moving on very hard for him. He tried not dealing with it, like he does most things in his life and it didn't work. So now a year and a half later we are still trying to work through it but at least he has now excepted that he has no other choice. We will make it out of this and on to a stronger life for ourselves but it has forever changed us. 


Mama’s Losin’ It

4 comments:

  1. Going on can feel unnatural sometimes. Like you're leaving something behind. But Frost is right... life moves and we have to move with it. Change, though, isn't always bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I have ever been here I believe. From a reader's perspective it is both difficult and fascinating to read your blog. My husband and I are both disabled, so in a very different way, times are very difficult for us. Even though you and I are experiencing something completely different I am sure you can relate to the ever popular phrases: "You're so strong" or "I could never handle this the way you have." My reply usually is "You really don't have any choice." You have to keep going, especially when there are children involved. Very glad I have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that it is great that your husband has you for support. Sometimes, it can be so hard to move through something. I can't even imagine how hard it must be for him (and for you).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you warm thoughts..... I agree sometimes we are forever changed but someday this will "pass" and you will smile in your new normal.

    Blessed So and So

    www.aeverydayblessedsoandso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete