Thursday, February 23, 2012

I wish I could?

I wish I could run. Seriously run. I want to feel that runners high. I want to feel like I have truly accomplished something that I wanted to. I want to be healthy and strong. I just don't know how to get there. I do a lot of walking and I guess that is a good first step. I found a program that I think could really get me there but there are a few glitches.

There is a program called the Couch to 5k and it is designed to help people who have never ran to get to the point that they can run a 5k. It is a wonderful program, it really is. I love it. The problem I have is the same problem that plagues me in everything I try to do. Laziness? No, although that doesn't help. The problem is where I live. If you've read any of my previous posts you probably know that I live in the middle of nowhere and for the most part I love that, I really do. It's times like this that it gets annoying. An hour from the closest city, no parks or gyms. So my only option is to run on the road which is not necessarily a bad option except.... 1) It has quite an incline. I can't run and you want me to start out doing it on an incline, yeah right. 2) I grew up here and there are a lot of these people in these houses that I really don't want to look out there window and see my fat butt running by. 3) There are a lot of distractions on this road. Cars constantly coming by (and this is barely a two lane road, there are no lines. So I have to be sure I'm not in the way) that may have the before mentioned people that I grew up with and around in them. Animals are the biggest distraction. I am not at all keen to being chased by a goat while I try to run. Or roosters. Or even dogs for that matter.

I'm not giving up though. I refuse to. I may be on the first week of this program for months before I actually find the time to get in the three workouts a week and feel comfortable moving on. I may have to adjust my route to figure out how to do most of it in the downward direction of the incline. I definitely have to figure out how to get over the self-consciousness of people looking out their windows and seeing me. I will not give up though and at some point I will be a runner.



Mama’s Losin’ It

No comments:

Post a Comment