Saturday, May 31, 2008

One day, One choice, One pound at a time

SW-218
LW-185.6
CW-185.2
GW-160


I have always had trouble with having an all or nothing attitude when it came to my weight. That is why I had never really dieted because I didn't want to start until I knew I would give it my all. When I first started this journey if I would eat one wrong thing that was it for the day, I already messed up so why bother? I thought I had completely rid myself of that attitude. I know that eating one thing that I shouldn't doesn't mean that the whole day is wasted, I just keep doing and do my best from that very point forward. One Choice at a time! I realized this week however that I had just transfered that attitude over to exercising. If I knew I was going to have a hectic day and didn't have time to do at least 3 miles in the morning then I just didn't bother. Why? I thought. Why can't I walk even if I can only manage 30 minutes? No, it may not be the workout that I am use to but when I started exercising I could barely get in 15 minutes. Any exercise has to be better than nothing at all. 30 minutes is what they recommend you, at least, do for heart health so even if I'm not getting in exercise that will cause weight loss I am doing what is healthy for my body and that is suppose to be my whole goal. I had become caught up in pushing myself hard and figured if I wasn't being pushed hard then I wasn't accomplishing anything. All or nothing, why do we do that to ourselves? So this week I have just been doing what I can, when I can. No I have not pushed myself to the point of exhaustion everday but I feel like I have accomplished more. I have made each day and each choice count for something.





I had to weigh on Friday instead of Saturday since we won't be home all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment