Monday, July 14, 2008

Our Family History

Part 1: Never the Twain shall Part


The first time I saw him I knew that I was in trouble. He was gorgeous and sweaty (I know, I know) and oh those blue eyes. I knew that he was older but it made no difference to me. At the time I was 14 and he was 21. You read it right but I was a mature 14. I realize every 14 year old says that but I was, honestly. For reasons I would never go into I had been forced to grow up pretty quickly, I had already done all of the wild things that I cared to (which wasn’t much) and I was ready for something more. I didn’t think that something was marriage and kids at the time; I thought that I wanted out of here. He changed all of that though. I will always remember that first kiss and the way he would hold me. Before long I was completely gone and my parents hated it. They eventually accepted it, not that I gave them much of a choice, and immediately after my 16th birthday they signed the papers so that we could get married. Less than two months later we were married. Before you think it, No I wasn’t already pregnant and we didn’t have to get married. I was a virgin when I got married; I am an old-fashioned kind of girl.

I would not recommend getting married at 16 to anyone, it doesn’t make for an easy road but we have made it. We have 4 wonderful kids to show for it and hopefully a much easier future ahead of us.

Next… Part 2: And Then There Were 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment