Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I don't want to lose my 30's

I have made a few decisions lately. Not really what you would call huge decisions, just simple things really but to me they are probably everything. I have talked with friends before about how hard it is for us to just relax and enjoy our lives and then the other day I read a blog by a woman who talked of losing that ability to be spontaneous when she was in her thirties and then waking up and getting that spark back when she was in her 40's. I don't want to lose my 30's, I want to enjoy them. What is it about this decade that scares us all so much. People get accused of going through their mid-life crisis in their 40's but I think it's really that they just come to their senses. They realize that all of that "getting ahead" crap is just that - CRAP!! Our 30's bring us so much responsibility and the feeling that we must be grown-up and in charge. Why can't we be these things without forsaking everything else. I have decided that I'm not going to let that rule my life anymore. I can be a responsible adult without that being my whole life. I'm giving up all of those things that I feel obligated to do and feel that I should know how to do or be able to do. I do not have to know how to so, I do not have to do everything that everyone asks me to and I don't have to feel bad for having fun with my kids and letting everything else go. I did good with this when they were littler but as they get bigger and I get older that seems to get harder and harder. Like I said not what you would call a huge decision but to me it means not losing my 30's.

A few things I'm not worrying about anymore:

Learning to sew - I love to crochet, it calms me but I have always felt the need to be able to sew. I would love to be able to make a beautiful quilt but the problem is I. don't. like. to. sew!!!! So why should I? I will never be the perfect little homemaker so why keep trying.

Having a spotless house - My house has never been spotless and will never be so I refuse to keep feeling bad about it. Life will go on.

Doing everything asked of me - I don't have to be the do everything mom, the PTO mom or the team mom. I just have to be Mom to my kids. Thank You.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment