Monday, August 4, 2008

Our Family History

Part 4:Enter Jo stage Left

You know how sometimes you zig left and zag right when it comes to decisions in your life. That's the pattern I had taken with deciding wether or not to have a second kid. Just when I had zigged left and decide it just wasn't time...I was pregnant. Of the four kids this was the only time I was big and pregnant in the summer, thankfully. I went outside very little, it was just too miserable. I spent a lot of time in the hospital too. I kept dehydrating (I would guess the heat helped on that part) which would bring on false contractions and UTI's. I hate being pregnant, I've heard so many women talk about how much they love it but I just can't agree. I honestly hate it. Don't get me wrong, I love feeling the baby kick and grow but I hate all of the things that go with it. I am always severely ill and after falling when I was pregnant with Audrey my hip is always messed up when I'm pregnant. It is just a miserable time for me. All wasn't lost though, Audrey was sleeping about 12 hours during the night and taking a nice nap during the day so I wasn't overly exhausted (yet, we saved that for later). Needless to say by the time I gave birth I was beyond ready. It was once again a very easy delivery, even easier this time because they knew how far I would go on my own and I didn't have to wait a day for them to decide to induce me, that was step one not ten. I was so nervous when Audrey was born that I don't really remember getting to enjoy those moments. Now that I was a little more prepared and experienced it was a much more enjoyable situation. He was so tiny and so perfect.

(I will insert his birth picture here as soon as I get it scanned into the computer)

Next- Part 5:Drew should love Roller Coasters.


No comments:

Post a Comment