Monday, August 4, 2008

Prayer for Patrick

A man, Patrick McNeely, from my area was involved in a very bad motorcycle accident on Saturday Night. He is in the Trauma Unit at a local hospital. The Initial report was that he had 2 blood clots on his brain, that either his spine or back was broken, that he had no pain from the waist down, that he had alot of facial trauma and that he had asparated and was unable to breath on his own. I know it is hard to care about someone that you don't really know but I wanted to let as many people as I could know about this. I don't know him personally but it seems that he is great person from all accounts and I wanted to have as many people thinking about him and praying for him as is possible. They have created a blog to keep everyone aprised of his condition at http://prayforpatrick.blogspot.com/. So please keep him in your thoughts and prayers and remember his family. Think about what it would be like if this were your son or brother and act accordingly.

4 comments:

  1. No, not hard to care at all. If that was my son I would want all the prayers I could get. He will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. How sweet of you to think of him and write a post for him to get his story out there.

    Thanks for stopping by yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick is one of my best friends. We grew up together, went to church together, and pretty much went on all our family vacations together. He is a great person and I greatly appreciate you posting this info on your blog. Keep checking out the "pray for patrick" blog and I KNOW that we'll see a miraculous move of God. Thanks again & God bless you.

    -Jeff Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the least I could have done. I figured the more people that knew and could be praying the better. I also did a myspace bulletin with a link directly to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, my name is Lauren Smith and my husband (Brian) and I were the ones to call the ambulance for Patrick when we discovered him on the road. I have been researching his recovery ever since I discovered his name.I would like to let the family know that I am so happy that he has come this far. After seeing him that night it was hard to tell what kind of recovery, if any, would be made. He is truely blessed and we have been praying for him ever since that night. Please let me know if I can do anything!

    5355 Bridle Creek Way
    Hilliard, OH 43026

    ReplyDelete