Thursday, September 18, 2008

Reoccurring Dreams

I don't dream much or at least I don't remember my dreams. The few times in my life that I can remember dreaming are when I have had reoccurring dreams. The first time I ever had a dream that I remembered was when I started having nightmares after my grandmother died. I was in 3rd grade, I believe and it was a horrible time for my family. I had a few cousins the same age as me and when our grandmother died one of them just quit walking. I can remember them saying that it was psychological but I didn't understand that. I kept having nightmares about Mamaw coming to take away our ability to walk. It was very traumatic for me but in a few weeks the dreams went away and I would beg for them to come back just so I could see her again and remember what she looked like. The only other time I can remember dreaming is when I was pregnant with each of the kids and while each kid got their own dream it was the same dream the whole time I was pregnant. I don't really remember much about the dream I had with each of the boys now, they weren't really strange just normal baby dreams. The one I had while pregnant with Audrey though I will never forget. We kind of figured it was a news story or something that I had seen that had started it. I would dream that we were all at the hospital and I had given birth except it ended up being twins and one of the babies was black. I would keep asking people "Don't you think he looks different?" and they would just say something about how he looked perfect to them. I dreamed this over and over and over again while I was pregnant with her and it drove me crazy. I'm not sure if I don't dream often or if I only remember the ones that keep reoccurring but these are the only times in my life that I can remember actually having a dream. Obviously they were brought on by stress but it still seems weird to me.

image signature



12 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny the strange things you can dream when your pregnant! I beleive that is when some of my weirdest dreams occured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, so in your dream, what did your husband have to say about this? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember having strange dreams will pregnant was well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember my dreams that often either. I am sure that I do dream.. I just don't remember them.. I wish I did..

    I have never been pregnant so I don't know if this will happen to me or not..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny about the dream about one of your twins being black. That really happend you know? The lady had twin girls, one was white with blonde hair and blue eyes and the other was black with dark hair and dark eyes.
    Here's a link to the story. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-377839/Black-white-twins.html

    ~Angie~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the CRAZIEST dreams when I was pregnant...but they were all different. Once I dreamt I gave birth to a monkey...yeah, freaked me out just a little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so funny, yet horrifying at the same time. I remember the sensationalism about that that woman in the UK who gave birth to one caucasian, one black baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of people being affected pshycologically by traumatic events ... sounds like Maw-maw was a VERY important person in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite the dream! What would you have done if that dream came true??

    You should have a special birthday party for yourself this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. With my last baby I kept having dreams it was a girl, then I gave birth to a healthy baby boy. Everyone says the little girl dreams are because I need to have another baby...we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't remember any dreams when I was pregnant. But I do remember I had lots of fears. I dreamed a lot after my mom passed away though.

    ReplyDelete