Thursday, October 30, 2008

Why I write

Mama's Losin It has given great prompts again this week for her writing assignments. First let me say that I would love to do #2 but I have a weird memory. My true memories only last about 10 years, I kidd you not. After that things get fuzzy and I only remember the real big stuff or things that get talked about often. So the day to day of Jr. High is out for me. So I chose #3 - Why do you write? It is really an easy one for me. So here it goes.

I write because I love it. I have always written, even long before I knew what it really was. I started writing as soon as I knew how to put sentences to paper. I've always written about how I feel and what I think about things. I went through a spell in Jr. High where everything was a poem. Even as an adult, when I was busy with 4 little kids, I kept journals. They got me into trouble more than once though so I burned them and gave that up. When I really needed to vent after that I would write it all down and then shred it. When I first discovered this "blog" world that I love, I was ecstatic. I still do my own venting and shredding when it's about things that I need to censor from here but this place is still a release for me. I know I am in no way a profressional writer and I have no hopes of ever being famous or even popular. I just want somewhere that I can truly be me and write what I'm thinking. Sometimes it helps me to see how silly I am being and sometimes it makes me realize that I should be more upset than I am. Writing is what keeps me sane in this crazy world that I live in and that is why I write.

image signature

Want to do your own writing assignment? Go see Mama's Losin It. She'll pile you high with assignments.





3 comments:

  1. I'm a shredder too! Love your blog! Glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love writing too but I hate the thought of homework, he he. I think writing it the best therapy of all. And somehow doing it online seems safer when its probably not but you know what I mean. My mother has her mothe';s journal. She kept it for 60 years. Its amazing. I think everyone should do so. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I wish you had those joural entries that got you into trouble!! Those would be fun to look back on. My blog has gotten me into a lot of trouble too. I guess you have to learn the hard way... :)

    ReplyDelete