Monday, October 27, 2008

She's always had an attitude

I am so mad right now that I could (wait I'm thinking of a good analogy) spit nails. My daughter has an attitude, her fathers attitude actually, and anyone who is around her for long knows it. I have worked hard and talked until I'm blue in the face to try to get her to see how much this effects her whole volleyball team. Tonight every single bit of that effort went down the drain. I know that the attitude that she takes with the coaches at times is not great but it could be worse, instead of running her mouth she crosses her arms and makes faces. You can generally tell when she is aggravated with the other girls, she has trouble hiding it. Tonight though, the first night of tournaments, she was doing good. She was keeping a cheerful attitude most of the time and was playing great. The first time she got a little bit of an attitude, the coaches started jumping onto her. Threatened to set her on the bench if she didn't drop the attitude and kept jumping on to her. Of course now she really had an attitude and was having a huge problem controlling her emotions and keeping herself from crying. I just don't get it. Her attitude has been far worse than it was tonight at all of the other games they have played. Why did they pick tonight when she was actually controlling herself to decide to jump onto her. They ruined any progress I made because why should she even try if she is going to get jumped onto anyway. I am just so furious and even more furious because of the reason that they probably did it and the attitude that one of the girls took when they did. I have seen her attitude too and I guarantee if the coach talked to her the way that he talks to my daughter her mom would be throwing a fit. Just because my daughter is tough and has an attitude, doesn't mean she doesn't have emotions. She has feelings just like the rest of them, she is a 13 year old girl not a grown-up and it makes me sick that they can put more pressure on her but she is not suppose to respond to it. I am plain. old. fed. up!!!! If they start tomorrow, she will be setting the bench of her on volition. She has already been instructed. If she had been showing herself tonight I would have been fine with it but she wasn't. I know I'm repeating myself and babbling at this point, so I will shut up. Tomorrow may be bad.

image signature

5 comments:

  1. Oh that is tough isnt. And the fact she is only 13 too and probably going through a lot anyway just adds to the whole scenario. You maybe should talk to the Coach and your daughter. Sport is a great thing there is no question but sometimes coaches need to be smacked because of their demands and attitude to children. I hope your daughter is ok and it can get resolved easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, 13 year old and attitudes. I think we are in the same boat. I know it is so hard seeing your child make progress only to get "beaten down". I would talk to the coach. I hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when coaches do that! One of my daughters has an "attitude" and it seems that some coaches have a tendency to make it worse with the way they harp on her. GRRR- it makes me mad too!

    Anywho, I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by on my SITS day - I'll visit again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending big cyber hugs to you - I know at this point you're just beyond frustrated, but try to take a moment, perhaps enjoy a cuppa tea and try to remember to that we are not in control.
    I will say a prayer that tomorrow will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard to be a 13 year old! Poor things-- both you and her.

    I copied you and wrote my own to do list! But instead of 101 in 1001, I'm doing 65 in 365. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete