Wednesday, April 1, 2009

101 in 1001 Updates

A few more updates on my 101 in 1001:


#4:Donate Blood - Completed. This weekend for the 5th time I went to try to donate blood. Our church does this on a regular basis (usually every 4 months) and I have been trying for awhile to donate. Saturday I was finally able to give. I found my perfect match, the person that can actually manage my veins and retrieve blood from them. I will be asking for him from now on. Miracle of all miracles- I don't even have a bruise and if you saw the pictures from last time you know that is a big deal. I must say I was very worried that I wouldn't be able to give and our appointment was at the very end of the day because Audrey works the Blood Drives and it's easier to come at the end of the day and just take her home with us. When we got there the woman who organizes the drives was all excited, If she could get 115 units that would put the church at having donated 1000 units since 2004 and she was getting close to that number. My stomach sank, I just had this feeling that if they couldn't get mine she would end up with 114. I was so pleased when they were able to get mine and sure enough on Sunday morning they told us that we got exactly 115 units. If they hadn't been able to get mine, she would have had 114.


#64: Crochet 6 things: Progress made. I have completed 1 crochet project. A baby blanket for our niece who is due soon. I actually finished it awhile ago but haven't been very faithful about posting progress so.....



No comments:

Post a Comment