Friday, August 12, 2011

Q: How cold-hearted can a Mother be?

A: Completely
I have refrained from doing any kind of countdown because I didn't want to have to live through the judgements but Yes, I am one of those Moms who can't wait for her kids to go back to school. I wish others were more understanding of why I feel that way but I don't think that will ever happen. I don't have 1, 2 or even 3 children, I have 4 and that is no easy task. I have absolutely no help and that is not an exaggeration. If something needs to be done, I do it. Period. It's a lot but that isn't really why I can't wait for them to go back. I can't wait because I don't get even a moment of time completely to myself while they are off from school and again that is no exaggeration. I wake up to the sound of their voices, some nights I go to sleep to the sound of their voices and if not I'm not far behind. I am never alone. I don't make it through a bathroom break, shower or bath without having to talk to someone. It's exhausting. Maybe some people don't like to be alone, even hate it but not me. I need time to just BE and I don't get that all summer long. So if it is cold-hearted that I want my kids out of this house then I am completely cold-hearted and Proud of It.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. No judgements here. As someone who also has kid overload quite often, I feel ya.

    Your honesty is refreshing.

    PS, I call bedtime "Happy Hour" at my house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not being cold-hearted at all. It's not being selfish either. Don't kick yourself for how you're feeling because you have every right to feel this way. Everyone needs "me" time! I don't know how parents with more than one child cope with it. I'm not knocking anyone who chooses to have more than one child, but I knew that one was plenty for us!! And even though I had more quiet than moms with children, I still had to have time for myself because being a mom is stressful no matter what the ages of the kids and what phases/stages that they go through. They definitely can make you want to pull all your hair out sometimes... one strand at a time. ;-) Hang in there and by NO MEANS are you cold-hearted. You're a wonderful mom who needs a break.

    ReplyDelete