Monday, August 28, 2006

Sometimes we need reminded.

I lost Audrey's birth certificate so of course I have turned this house upside down looking for it. I didn't find her birth certificate but I found something a lot better and the timing was unbelievable. Audrey started Middle School yesterday and it just blows me away that she is actually that old so when I stumbled across the poem I wrote when I was pregnant with her - well lets just say God works in mysterious ways. As a disclaimer before I post this poem I will remind you that I was 17 and thought that I owned the world (boy to feel like that again). So just keep that in mind when reading this.

The love that brought you here
Could not possibly disappear
In our minds, of course, there's fear
But in our hearts there's only cheer
We dreamed of you everyday
Even before you were on your way
So now once you arrive
Our love can only thrive
You will ask for little, while you are small
We'll be thrilled to see you crawl
Then one day you will be grown
Into a new world we will all be thrown
So we want to take time to do it right
To listen to your prayers every night
To take away some of the strife
To give support throughout your life
If you feel that we fail in anyway
Or that from the truth we somehow stray
Don't be afraid to let us know
Just do it in a way that your love will show
Then when your grown and feel too old
For us to love or kiss and hold
Just remember our love is always here
Even when you feel it's nowhere near

Now tell me that wasn't God's timing. It's so easy to forget sometimes what our purpose is in our kids lives and to lose sight of what is really important. As long as they know that we love them everything else will fall into place. You can't always be your childs friend so they need to know that mommy and daddy are strong and will always be there, when they need a true friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment