Saturday, July 7, 2007

If She's going to Heaven so am I

Thank You so much Kelly!! This is the first time since Sunday that I have had time to actually set down and take the time to think, let along write; but Sunday was another wonderful sermon for me. He preached on how God commanded us to love one another as He had loved us. WOW!! Have you ever really thought about that? That would require a lot of love. But as Kelly pointed out although most of us are not at the point that we would literally lay down our lives for just anyone we should be able to love them more than ourselves and to put aside all SELF for them. Put aside our needs, wants and desires in order for the other people around us to feel loved. The thing is if you truly do that-most likely you will get the same type of love in return. Yeah things aren't always perfect and it doesn't always work out that way but that shouldn't change how we behave. He also talked about the church family being this way; that they should love each other enough to put aside all the petty things and really be there for each other. The first part was of course for my correction – I often don't love people like I should. This part though was to console me. When we switched churches it was very hard on me. At times I was still feeling like we had somehow put ourselves first and not done what was right but this made me realize that we had. As long as we were there the petty things that people held against us weren't going to be forgotten. There was no hope for any type of growth or even help if we needed it. Read my blog from October, 1 2006. I knew it then I guess I just needed someone to remind me and uplift me and again God gave me exactly what I needed.
I am not and will never claim to be a perfect person (I am quite far from it actually) but I do try. Try to improve, try to forgive and always try to be what I need to be to set an example for my kids. No I'm not a cookie cutter Christian and I'm sure there are many people that look at me and say "If she's going to Heaven so am I" but I promise I'm trying to make that harder for you to do.
P.S. Kelly if you're checking out "myspace" Thank You again and I hope you approve!! And I do keep a close eye on my kids "spaces" and what they are doing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment