Saturday, January 26, 2008

Today not Tomorrow

I don't believe in New Years resolutions. I think if you really want to change it starts today not tomorrow or next week or next year. When someone says I'm going to start dieting Monday, that Monday usually never comes. If you really want to make a difference in your life why do you have to wait for a certain day to start, you start today. You start NOW!! I decided I wanted to do some things this year and I'm not waiting until next week, next month or the next year. I'm starting now. I really want to go back to school eventually and I'm thinking maybe next year (with 2 kids in Middle school and Matt in the 1st grade it should be a much calmer world) so I would like to do some things this year that I really want to do.
I really want to get my Bible read all the way through. I haven't done that since I was a teenager (about the time I started having kids) and it's about time I did it again. I have been trying but haven't gotten far but I found a site the other day about reading your Bible in a year and decided to follow it. Yes I'm starting a little late but I'm doubling up for a while to catch up. There are 1189 books in the Bible so if you read just 3 ¼ books a day you can do it in a year. That's not bad at all.
I also would like to read more this year. I'm aiming for 50 books. If I can get in a book a week I can do it and I really don't think that will be a problem, It has been so long since I have really been able to read much and I really want to catch up on all of the authors that I really like so I should have plenty of options.
Of course there is the weight loss goal and that is going pretty well. I really want to get healthy this year and to be able to enjoy this summer with my kids. I want to be able to ride bikes with them and I really want me and Audrey to be able to play tennis this summer.
Another thing I want to concentrate on is my crocheting. I hope to get quite a few projects done this year and there are so many new things that I would like to try. I absolutely love to crochet and I want to get better at it. There are a few other "crafty" things I need to finish too (I'm much better at the crocheting thing than I am at the sewing thing).
There are many other things that I want to work on this year to (like learning to play the piano) but those are the main ones. I want to try so many different things and I think it is important to continue to learn new things. I've spent so many years having and raising babies (not to say that my job is anywhere near done) and now I need to get back to being my own person, Today not Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment