Friday, January 25, 2008

Not so Great

I really didn't do that bad this week but I didn't lose any weight, not an ounce. It's ok though. I can't expect to lose that much all the time. I really wish I would have done measurments when I started, I have a feeling that would be way more encouraging. I am doing great with the exercising though although the more I read and research the more confused I get on the subject. There are so many different opinions on what is the "best" way to go about things that it is ridiculous. I was up to walking a full hour but then I found all of this research that it isn't good to exercise for over 45 minutes because after that your body starts producing extra cortisol. How do you decide which advice to follow? I have no idea. For now though I am just walking my 2 miles which keeps me right under 45 minutes. The whole "dieting" thing isn't any less confusing, I had to go to the doctor this week and she ask how I was doing with the triglyceride lowering and we started talking about dieting. She said that if you don't eat enough that your body will hold onto every bit of food that you put into it and you won't lose anything. How's that for you? Finding the right balance seems to be an impossibility. Guess it will work itself out eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment