Friday, February 15, 2008

My Sweet Valentine

We have been married for 15 years now (as of Nov.21st) and I must say Mike is not a great present buyer. Usually I just get myself something and occasionally he will tell me what he wants to get me and I pick it out. I had already told him what I wanted for Valentines Day so when he said "I want to tell you what I want to get you for Valentines Day and you help me pick it out" I was all prepared to get defensive. I reminded him of what I wanted and he said that's okay we are on the same page. He explained to me what he wanted to get and I was flattered that he had come up with that much on his own. He had really put some thought into it. So we picked it out and got it Sunday but can't pick it up until today. I am so pleased and amazed that it's no big deal that I didn't get it on that day. So want to know the rest? Okay. All I wanted was a wedding band; I have bent mine up pretty badly and can't really wear it anymore. He said that he had really been trying to figure out exactly what to get me and he had an idea but he wasn't sure if they really made them. He wanted to get me a ring to represent our past, present and future. He said it had to have 3 diamonds, one for each thing. I personally had no idea that they made such a thing but everywhere we went they had sections for this (don't laugh I'm not a jewelry person, it's not something I look at all the time, I had no idea). Then we finally found the perfect one, exactly what he explained. 3 diamonds and it even has "Past, Present and Future" engraved on the inside of the band with diamonds in between. I love this ring and like I said I'm not a jewelry person. More than that though I love this man!!! Things aren't always perfect and like I said he isn't great at buying presents and he doesn't do surprises but I know that he truly loves me. The fact that he put so much thought into this really impressed me and touched my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment