Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The death of someone we know always reminds us that we're still alive.

There have been so many things in the last week that have given me a reason to stop and think about life that I am just utterly tired of thinking. Life is so fragile and unpredictable that it is, at times, exhausting. Many things in life are anticipated yet there are still so many surprises. We expect heartache, illness and death but we don't expect Alzheimer's or to lose our spouse at a young age. We know that these things can happen but no matter how realistic you're being no one honestly believes it will ever happen to them.
To see someone who did everything for their family and worked so hard at life fall apart before you is truly an eye-opening event. It makes me want to do everything that I can to keep my mind sharp and young. It also makes me worry about what will happen to me if I am ever in that position. So I have decided that I want to die young….as late as possible.
To see someone who is just starting to build a life with someone lose that person is a tragedy. To watch them push through that loss and come out stronger is delightful and inspiring.
To lose someone in your family that you weren't close to but could have or should have been makes you search your soul to see just how short you are falling. We all live such hectic lives and tend to walk around so unaware of each other that it is hard to see what is needed.
As I mentioned I have done a little too much thinking this week. I think we all need that at times though. The death of someone we know always reminds us that we are still alive - perhaps for some purpose which we ought to re-examine.

No comments:

Post a Comment