Thursday, May 1, 2008

Becoming a multi-computer family

When I was in High School computers were just starting to be used in classrooms. The internet wasn’t available yet and all we could do was the basic programming bits and pieces that they would allow and play games. I got married at 16 and we were basically broke for many years so when I did finally get a computer I had no clue what all they were capable of. Audrey was 4 when we got the first computer and for years all I did on it was e-mail and games with the kids. Slowly I started to figure out that there was a whole new world in that little box. I didn’t want to have the phone line tied up all day while the kids were in school though so it wasn’t until we got cable internet that I really got hooked. Now I use it for everything and last year when our computer went down I was lost (Read that story). So I bought myself a Mother’s Day present this year. We will soon be a multi-computer family and I can’t wait. My beautiful laptop should be here in a little over a week and I know it is going to open up even more possibilities. I got it with Adobe Photoshop loaded on it so that I have something new to learn. When the inevitable day comes and one of the computers messes up I will have something to fall back on and all of my data will be safe and sound. I just hope for the kids' sake their computer keeps running because they aren’t touching mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment