Monday, May 5, 2008

A decent week, If you don't count The Scare

Today’s fitness blog is going to take a slight turn; it is going to have two parts. First about my fit-ness and then another health issue I’ve dealt with this week. I wasn’t sure I was going to talk about it but I mentioned it yesterday and I can’t get by without mentioning it today so I figure I might as well just bite the bullet. I must say though, It won’t be pretty, so don’t read it if you don’t want to. This seems to be turning into more of a confessional for me than blogging about fitness. Don’t get me wrong, I lost 1.4 lbs. this week but not because I did anything right. I only exercised three times this week and while my eating wasn’t ridiculous it wasn’t great either. This week I am getting it kicked back in, I did great the week before this one but as you will see below this week got lost after day 3. I’m going back to weighing and blogging about it on Saturdays, I will lose a few days this week but it seems to be easier for me. How I got a few days off I don’t even remember but it is time to get this back to where it works for me.

Since I have started this fitness journey many things have become better for me. One of which definitely included my cycle. I was getting really regular, granted it wasn’t a 28 day cycle like many woman have but any kind of regularity for me is a miracle. Every 5 weeks, like clockwork, I was getting my period. Then it stopped. This is nothing out of the ordinary for me and I figured that it was no big deal. I had gone three months and not had one and at a point or two I considered the fact that I might be pregnant. I played a cool April fool’s joke on all of my friends with my Myspace blog and accidentally caught my Dear One up in it too (I honestly had no idea he read them). Shortly after that though I started worrying but then decided there was no way. I finally started on Wednesday or at least I thought I did. It has been horrible and I am almost certain I have had a miscarriage. I have had a tubal done, so the odds of it being viable were very slim and given the pain I’ve been in I would guess it was in my tubes. This would be the second tubal pregnancy since I had my tubal done so I’m going to have to break down and go to the doctor. Now I have explained yesterdays mad dog reference (have pity on my Dear One), as well as the general lack of exercise at the end of the week (it came from the fear of bleeding to death) so I think I’m done. I’m thinking maybe the April fool’s joke wasn’t such a cool idea after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment