Saturday, May 17, 2008

One day, One choice, One pound at a time

SW-218
LW-186.1
CW-185.2
GW-160

One more pound down. I was hoping for a little more but I’ll take it. I’m gradually getting back to where I need to be in my mind. It’s hard sometimes, I like to lie to myself about how things really are and it’s usually the easier way. I can’t keep doing that though. I have to be honest with myself if I want to get anywhere. Of course that applies to so many things, weight loss and fitness probably being the least of them. I have got to step out of this rut that my life has been in and I can feel that happening. No, losing weight is not going to solve every problem that I have but it is a start. I see people that are so confident about their selves and wonder how in the world they got that way. I don’t want to be self-important but I would like to feel comfortable in my own skin. I honestly don’t think it is about a number on the scale though, it is more likely about what I see when I look in the mirror. Quite honestly, I have never been able to like that. I don’t necessarily think that I’m ugly but I don’t see myself as pretty either. I want to change that, I think that is part of being fit. I want to be able to say “Melanie, you look good today” when I look in that mirror. I have realized that it’s not all about a pretty face or a smoking hot bod (although I’m sure those things would make it easier), it is more about the attitude and how you feel about yourself. Like I’ve said before, when I was young and skinny, I still didn’t have that but I have never before in my life been healthy and I know now that THAT is the difference. I feel better about my self daily (at least on most days) and the times when I get down and don’t feel like exercising or eating right I can feel the downward spiral coming on. If I don’t pick myself up and make myself start over, I know where it will end and it won’t be in a good place. Each day is a new start and a new chance, each choice is a new start and a new chance. One day, one choice, one pound at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment