Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I just wish he didn't trust me so much.

One of my favorite quotes has forever been
I know God will not give me anything that I can't handle.
I just wish he didn't trust me so much.
~Mother Teresa

I was looking at my daughter today and this quote came to my mind. Did God know what he was doing when he gave me these children to raise? I think that he did. Sometimes there are situations that leave me wondering what on earth he was thinking. Had he met me at the time? I was a 17 year old kid without a clue what she was doing. I have grown up with my kids and while that has been interesting I'm not sure it provided them with the best mother possible. I can already look back and see so many mistakes that I have made. The guilt of having 4 kids is overwhelming at times, there is not a possible way to provide all of them with the time that they deserve and Audrey has probably drawn the shortest stick from that pile. I try now to make up for what she missed all of those years that I was barefoot and pregnant. I hope that I have taught her well. There are times that we have to make decisions that are hard, when we know that someone that we care about is going to get hurt by what we say or do but make the decision to do the right thing anyway.Life isn't always easy, in fact it seldom is but being able to say "I did the right thing" is priceless. I hope at least that I have taught her that.


60 days till school starts!!

1 comment:

  1. Depress me why don't ya? But so true. There are more times than I like to admit when the quilt for having 4 kids is overwhelming. I am an only child, so in my opinion, siblings were the best thing that I could give my children. I always tell them that sisters come first! Hopefully if all goes well, they'll be best friends forever and be eternally grateful for each other and not feel like they missed out on much.

    ReplyDelete