Monday, July 21, 2008

Our Family History


Part 2: And then there were 3.



A telemarketer called one day and, as is her training, she just kept talking and talking and then when I finally caught her taking a breath I told her I wasn’t interested. She proceeded to tell me how rude it was to let her talk for that long and waste her time when I knew I wasn’t interested. We've all been through this before but by the end of this conversation I was in tears. I got off the phone and was setting there wondering what in the world was wrong with me when it hit me. I’m Pregnant!! We had been married for a year and a half at this point which made me 17 and had decided to start trying for kids. I wasn’t expecting it yet though, this was the first month we had tried (this should have been a forewarning). When I was about 8 months pregnant I looked at Mike and said “I don’t want to do this”. He thought I was talking about something else and said “Okay” so I pointed at my belly and said “No I don’t want to do THIS!” He looked at me and politely said “I think it’s a little late for that.” My due date was Feb. 16th and from the minute we found out it was a girl Mike had proclaimed, over and over again, that he would not have a daughter born on Valentine’s Day. So yeah you guessed it, she was born on Valentine’s Day. By that time both my mom and sister had me really terrified. I really believed at the time that it was going to be like dying and coming back to life. I didn’t die, actually I did really well. I had to be induced (also a huge forewarning) but it went quickly and they tell me I was born to birth babies. Just a few drugs, absolutely no epidural and (my favorite part) very little pushing. Our family had become a family. I had no idea what I was in for but I wouldn’t trade it for anything – most days.



Next - Part 3: It's all a blur.


3 comments:

  1. OMG! I had my first child, also a daughter, at 17 years old and she was born on Feb. 19th! Ironic...She was born in 1989 and she is now married and a mommy herself. She has given me a beautiful grand daughter that is now 7 weeks old. Come see a picture at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Valentine's child too. My Henry is 10. And congrats on being a Saucy Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanted to congratulate you on being a Saucy blog this week, SITSta.

    ReplyDelete