Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Family History


Part 6: Drew should love


Roller Coasters(emphasized)



For every ounce of emotion from my pregnancy and his birth, there was 5 times that amount of emotion over the next 6 months. Both of our parents told us that the 3rd kid was the hardest (and they both would know) but we chose not to believe them. They were right, of course. From the first day of his life he was a handful. He gave me the most trouble in birth and only proceeded to get worse from there. The first few weeks were just all around tough. I had a 4 year old, an 18 month old and a newborn. Of course it was tough. Then his colic set in. Audrey and Joe had been good babies, this was something I had no idea how to handle. He would cry for hours on end. Hubby was on day shift at the time and had to get up at 4:30. Around 4 every morning Drew would finally fall asleep, so at that point there was no sense in going to sleep. When hubby would leave I would try to lay down for a while but by the time I was good and asleep Jo would get up. Jo was and still is notorious for getting up early, getting him to sleep past 7 is a major achievement. To say that I was sleep deprived would be the biggest understatement of all time. When I look back now, I wonder how I ever made it through but I did. We all did. Then when he was around 4 months old he got a severe case of Croop and was in the hospital for awhile. The antibiotics gave him the worst case of Thrush I have ever seen. We had to throw away all nipples, pacifiers etc. every other day. Even though he was one of my bigger babies, from there on out he was small. It took him forever to gain any weight and he is still a skinny little thing. After his birth and first year I was painfully sure that I didn't want any more kids. Hubby had other ideas though, obviously.


Next: Part 7:Just one more Please!


No comments:

Post a Comment