Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer: Book Review

I've heard so many people talk about these books that I just had to read them. It took me awhile to work up the nerve to go to the Library and get one because I had read the reviews and they were technically written for teens but I digressed and bit the bullet. I am so glad I did and am now patiently waiting on the second in the series - New Moon. So here goes my review.

Most vampire series, whether it be shows or books, are written in a way that make it impossible for them to be set in the real world. This book is not like that, it could very well take place in the world that we live in and not some fictional world. Twilight is a book that you just enjoy reading, whether it's the vampires, the realism, the romance or some combination of them all it is just a great read. When Bella moves to this small town, in an attempt to make life easier for her mom, she thinks she is just biding her time until she can start the rest of HER life but instead she finds her future. There are points in the book where I would think that the romance was being laid on a little thick but then I would remember that this was written as a young adult book. Meyer definitely has a great style of describing the attraction between the two main characters though. It makes you remember those moments of first initial attraction to someone and imagine them magnified hundred fold by being able to "smell their blood" and not just their cologne. Bella is one of the best characters that I have seen created in a book in a long time. She is so believable and endearing. The perfect combination of head-strong and caring that any person could ever hope to be. You will be completely enthralled by this book and ready to read the next immediately.

image signature

P.S. I keep waiting to get the next book in the series and in the meantime can't wait to see the movie version of this one that comes out next week. I'll let you know what I think of that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment