Saturday, November 15, 2008

Nothing Normal

This family, I swear. We never do anything normal. That especially goes for my oldest, my only daughter. She has never had an illness that was just something normal. When she was 5 she had a bad allergic reaction, when we figured out what she was allergic to it only happened to be the slime that a woolly worm leaves behind on the leaves in the fall. When she was in 5th grade she got an infection in her leg and it couldn't be just any infection it had to be cellulitis (look it up it's rare in kids) that turned out to be Staff and Strep when they finally cut her leg open to drain it. Now in the present, she got a little bug, we all did, nothing bad just some congestion etc. She starts having chest pains and hurting badly in her back and ribs. Even though she hasn't had a cough I'm figuring it has turned into bronchitis or maybe pneumonia. I take her to the doctor and she has Costochondritis. This is an inflammation of the cartilage in the chest. It was probably caused by a virus but jeez couldn't she just have something normal. They said it could take a few weeks to get over but I really don't think she is getting any better at all. Her chest hurts, she is having trouble taking in deep breaths and she is still so tired. I guess time will tell. I don't want to let her go back to school tomorrow but she is begging me to. Again with the weirdness, most kids would love the excuse to stay home from school legitimately. Nothing normal with her, I'm telling you.

image signature

1 comment:

  1. I hope she's feeling better soon. That's a lot of weird stuff she's had!

    ReplyDelete