Thursday, November 20, 2008

What a Funny Week

We had our first snow day this week (already, yes I know it's going to be a long winter). Then a delay the next day plus my daughter has been home all week because she just isn't normal (go back in time you'll find it) and I won the battle over staying home or going to school. With four kids under toe so much there is never a dull moment but my four are getting older and it seems with age they are getting funnier. So I have done more laughing this week than I have in a while. Here are a few examples:



We were discussing the story about the car dealership where if you come in and buy a Chrysler Le Baron they would sell you a PT Cruiser for $1. The commercial kept saying "For a Buck" and finally Son#2 looked at us and trying to keep a straight face said "Yeah but do you have to kill it first?" We both looked at him puzzled and he then said "The buck, the deer. Do you have to kill it first?" Needless to say we got quite a laugh out of that one.




We watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 the day they were home from school and in one of the scenes, one of the girls is working in the theatre on a play and she leans against the prop wall and falls through it. Son#3 very seriously asks "Who would build a fake wall anyway?" Oh my kids are so deprived. The look on his face though was so hilarious, he was dead serious.

It was a funny week here all around though. From me trying to figure out what my daughter meant when she said Rab Lat and then finding it so hilarious when I did (I love it when people get their words twisted up; maybe it's just me but I find this so amusing) to the boys dancing around the house all silly. I like that my kids are growing up, I hate to lose them but it's so great to see what kind of people they are going to be.

image signature


Now you hop on over and check out MamaKat's writing assignments, Pick one of your very own and Enjoy. We all need a little prompting sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Snow? Ugh, I am not ready. It is the coldest day here so far. I am dreading the no school days.

    Those are some funny things. I think the "Killing the buck" is my fav!

    Stop over, I gave you an award!

    ReplyDelete