Monday, January 19, 2009

I have a plan

I've been thinking about this a lot and I have come up with a plan. I may not always make it through it perfectly but at least it will be progress. It started with a thought about something we had discussed in our Sunday School class, the fact that it takes 30 days to make or break a habit. So that is going to be one of the things that I am doing. Since these are things that I want to change permanently I don't want to take on too many of them at once so I also found something else I'm very interested in. On the blog My Ice Cream Diary she has started a thing she calls For Just One Week. You picked something and do it everyday for just one week. This is how I am going to start out. My first few Just One Weeks will turn into 30 days to a New Habit also. The only way for me to make real changes is going to be through a gradual process. She is posting hers on Saturdays and I may start trying to do that but I'm going to start each new thing on Mondays. So with no further ado my first goal is to..... Walk, at least 30 minutes everyday. Hopefully a lot of days I will walk longer than the 30 minutes but 30 minutes of exercise everyday is better than no exercise everyday. I will let you know how this went next week and this will be my first 30 days to a New Habit goal.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you are joining me. This is also my secret hope, that some of my goals will turn into habits.

    Good luck, and enjoy your walks.

    ReplyDelete