Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sometimes..... Life gets in the way.

I've been gone for awhile.... again. I know. Sometimes though life really does get in the way of the things that we love to do. Sometimes it bogs us down and drowns our everyday joy. Sometimes we let it become a burden rather than a pleasure. With 4 kids there are so many things that I have to deal with on a daily basis that it is easy to let myself slide. I love writing and this blog is the best way I have had of doing that for a long time. I had started devoting a little too much time to it and too little time to my family. So I took the holidays off and spent the time with them but now I seem to have lost myself once again in their world. I'm working to find a balance between the two sides of my life and its not easy. I want to be the mother I need to be but I find that if I'm not careful I lose myself in that process and then what kind of a mother am I being. I am not a perfect person, there are so many things about myself that I struggle with, there are so many things that I would like to change and I feel that I have to start working on those sooner rather than later. When I think about all of the things that I need or want to do it often turns into a vicious cycle for me. I can think of so many things that it overwhelms, then I start to get depressed and that leads to me doing even less which of course then adds more things that I need or want to do. I'm going to find a way to change, a way that isn't overwhelming, a way that I can be the person I want to be. I may not post as regularly as I was but I will be posting again and you may want to stick around and see what I come up with. Hopefully it will be good and it will work.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment