Monday, December 8, 2008

Repenting for Absence!!

I haven't been around much I know. The journey with my daughters health has become a lot more complicated than we counted on. The Costochondritis is doing pretty good, it still bothers her at times but as it started getting better something else started showing up. She has almost completely lost her appetite and this revealed a problem with her sugar. This along with a few other symptoms has the doctor thinking that she may have PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome. We are going through some different tests right now to rule out other things and see if this is what she has. There is no specific test for it so the way to prove it is to rule out the other things it could be. They did fasting bloodwork Friday morning and I have to take her one day this week to do a glucose tolerance test. Then we go from there. The thing that worries me the most about this is that from what I've read it can make it very difficult to have children. Right now she thinks this is a blessing but how will she feel when she's 2o or 30. Not the same I'm sure. I will keep you guys updated and hopefully be able to post more. She has actually made it through a whole day of school today (as I'm writing they have 20 minutes till they get on the bus so I'm counting my chickens before they hatch). I hate that she has missed so much school but there isn't much point in being there if she is about to pass out and unable to concentrate.

image signature

3 comments:

  1. Hugs to you and your daughter. I hope you get some answers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she feels better soon. It is so hard to worry and watch a sick child. Praying for you and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tagged you on my blog. I know you may not feel like playing along right now with all that's going on with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete