Thursday, August 16, 2007

Not everyone that says Lord, Lord

Not everyone that saith unto me Lord, Lord
shall enter into thy kingdom of heaven
but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in Heaven.
If you are a Christian and you want to know why the world thinks so little of you just watch this season of Big Brother and it will be clear. I have to say that these people do not represent the Christianity that I believe in or live daily. If this is what people see everyday it is no wonder that they think we are a joke.
Yes, we are not perfect, we all make mistakes, and after all we are all human. You can't live however you want, say what ever you want or do what ever you want though. If you go in to something with the thought in your head that its ok God will forgive me, you are walking a very fine line. That is a willful sin and God doesn't take that lightly and he may not continue to tolerate it.
Christians are no better than anyone else, the only thing that sets you apart is God's forgiveness. We are all as filthy rags unless we have accepted that forgiveness and are doing our best to live up to that honor. You can't guilt someone because they don't agree with your beliefs and you can't cram your religion down their throats. You have to let them see that Belief in your life. You definitely won't accomplish much by cussing them when they catch you up in your faults.
Most importantly you can't use God as an excuse for your bad choices. Just because you thought you were doing what God wanted does not mean that you were right. If you commit to doing something or helping someone and it turns out it was the wrong decision or they weren't what you thought then you stand up and admit you were wrong and do what is right. You don't say I have to do it because I promised I would, you do what is right and then God will help you with the fall-out.
Like I said no one is perfect, we all mess up at times but that's when you ask for forgiveness- from both God and anyone you hurt. Then you move on!!! I just hope that anyone that reads this can take this point away with them - Not everyone that saith unto me Lord, Lord shall enter into thy kingdom of heaven but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in Heaven. Mt.7:21

No comments:

Post a Comment