Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'm a Cold, Cold Woman

I have been called cold many times in my life and that is fine. When it comes to my kids though I am not cold, people have no idea why I choose to act the way I do and they shouldn't judge me for it. From the time my first child was born I knew that I did not want them to be totally dependent and attached to me. I would love to be their whole world but is that really healthy for them…..NO it is not. I was scared from the minute I first got pregnant that some day I would not be able to be there for my children and I did not want their whole world to fall apart if that ever happened. It may be irrational, or maybe there is something coming in the future that I have always foreseen. I don't know what God has for us in the future but I want my kids to be able to handle themselves when it does come. My kids have not had to go through the trauma of crying everyday for weeks when they start school or not being able to do something that they want to do because they can't leave my side. They know that I love them and that I will always be there for them to every bit of my ability but they also know that they can do most things by and for themselves. If they need me I am there but I do not hover or interfere, I am very protective, they don't go anywhere that I am not sure they will be as safe as can be expected in this world. So no one has the right to call me cold. I have raised my kids, trained my kids and loved my kids in the way that I felt was right and best for them. Does that make me right and you wrong or the other way around? No it doesn't. I love my children more than anything and I have devoted everything that I have to getting them to this point, so yes I am excited that they are all in school and starting the next phases of their lives and yes I am excited to have a little time to myself and away from them. If that makes me cold in your eyes then so be it. Let's see what the future has to hold, you may find that my way wasn't quite as bad as you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment