Thursday, September 6, 2007

Before you Panic....

Never and I mean never start a conversation with a mother that begins with "Before you panic" because what do we immediately do….PANIC. Audrey's coach called yesterday and when that was the first thing that he said to me I knew that it wasn't good. She dove after a ball in volleyball practice, slammed her body and then her head into the floor pretty hard. Okay we can handle that, then he says "and she knocked herself out". "She is okay though, she's setting right here and she's okay but I think you need to come and get her, I will tell you when you get here why we think she needs to go get checked out". Great, what is it that you can't tell me over the phone? I was a little aggravated. I wanted to know what was wrong but I hung up and went after her. We had to flag down the boys' bus and get them off and then we got behind every slow vehicle and bus possible on the way there. It is excruciating trying to get to your child when you know that they may not be alright. By the time we got there I was extremely annoyed that I didn't know what had happened that had them worried, that was until he told me and then I was so glad he hadn't told me on the phone. It would not have been good for us to know. The impact didn't actually knock her out; she passed out when she tried to get up and had a convulsion. Okay this is more than we can handle. Before we got from the school to the hospital our whole church was praying for her. She is fine, a slight concussion, a few bruises and she is really sore but she is fine. Nothing showed on any of the scans or anything. Thank You Lord!! She's not happy that she has to set out her first two games that are next week but she is healthy and will be fine so she can just get over that. It scared her though and it scared us. You can't be with your kids all the time, it's impossible but it is so hard to let them go after something like this happens. She doesn't want to set out her week but she is, then she will be back at it I'm sure. She is very dedicated to the things that she commits too and I love that about her but it's hard to not worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment