Saturday, December 29, 2007

Boredom is not my Problem

This time of year is tough anyway but I figured since the kids would be here and we would be busy that I wouldn't have time to just relax and get bored and therefore I wouldn't eat as much. I was very wrong. When I get bored if I want something to eat I take the time to fix me something good so I'm not as likely to eat badly. So I haven't done great this week. I've also had yet another cold so the first few days of it I drunk pop when I shouldn't have. I have walked most days but didn't get to do any other kind of exercise. I know it all sounds bad but I weighed yesterday and I still lost 1 pound this week. So it's not too bad.
I've also found something very interesting. If I do my walking and exercise I am much less likely to eat when I shouldn't. I guess its that I don't want to waste all that effort.
I did pretty well with Christmas dinner at mom's too. I ate every thing that I wanted; I just didn't eat as much of it. I only had one of her homemade rolls and believe it or not only one piece of her impossible pumpkin pie.
As of last night we attended the last party for awhile so now maybe I can get serious about this thing. I realize that I have to be realistic and that there are times that you can't avoid eating things you shouldn't but those times can be few and far between. I don't intend on completely depriving myself either, I think that would only make things worse but again the treats can be few and far between. So wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment