Friday, December 21, 2007

Treadmills, Sugars and Scales

I see no reason to even start on this journey of healthiness if I'm not going to do it right. The problem is in the figuring of what is right. How exactly do you find that? Some things are common sense but other are not always quite so clear.
Common Sense- I need exercise, there is no doubt about that. I will not walk around here alone and it is really hard to find the time to walk with someone else everyday, so we bought a treadmill.
Not so Clear- How fast should I walk? How far should I walk? How often should I walk? I have researched this and researched it and I still can't find a definite answer, so I am doing what I am comfortable with and that's that!! I know for a fact that something has to be better for me than nothing.
Common Sense- Sugar is not good for you.
Not so Clear- What all contains sugar? How much is okay? It is all so unclear. I have figured a lot of this out from research though. Let me just say first of all that there are very few things out there that don't contain sugar of some kind, it is ridiculous. From what I have read though if you want to completely free your body of the craving for sugar you need to go 2 weeks without it. I can do that; I really can….just not right now. I am avoiding all sugar here at home but its Christmas time and how do you go somewhere else and not eat sugar, it's impossible. And I will not miss my mom's cooking on Christmas Day. So for now I am doing my best to stay away from it. After the holidays, I'm kicking it for good. Then from there we will decide what kind of sugar is okay and in what amount.
Now a side note: I bought a scale when I went to the store the other day and from the highest I weighed at the doctors office (after all of the steroids) until this morning I have lost around 14 lbs. I know the scales can be different and I didn't have my shoes on, so I am guessing about 10 lbs. I already feel so much better though and I can tell a huge difference. A lot of it was swelling and water retention and to be rid of all of that is a great feeling all on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment