Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My How Far We've Come


Sometimes it's great to just take a look back and see just where you've been. When we get caught up in our lives and start to feel overwhelmed it can be helpful to look at what all we have made it through. I spent so many years of my life pregnant and raising SO many small kids that it seemed, at times, that there was no end to the madness. So when Matt turned 6 a few days ago I just had to dig up this picture and remind myself. No it isn't always a picnic but it is so much easier than it was when they were all little. When Matthew was born I had a 2, 4 and 6 year old. Now that seems like an impossible feat and I'm sure that I probably couldn't do it at this point in my life. How did I ever handle 2 kids in diapers and all of the crying and long nights? I honestly don't know but I made it through and If I can make it through that I can make it through the problems that they throw at me now. At times now I feel so alone but I can remember all of the long days of handling all of those kids by myself and realize that there is nothing wrong with having to do things on my own. I did pretty well with them, if I do say so myself. Don't take that wrong, yes I have a husband and he is exceptional with the kids but he has to work and most of his time with them gets to be fun. When I need him, he is there but I see so many people that have so much help with their kids and it gets upsetting but God knows what he is doing and what I can handle. We have made it this far and I know that we will do our best to raise the best human beings that we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment