Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Grade Cards

The kids got their grade cards this week and I must say I was a little upset. They made this huge deal out of how Joseph was going to fail if he didn't straighten up and this grade card was the one for the end of the semester. The only subject he had an F average in was Spelling and believe me we have been through this, he can NOT spell. So how is it that they get that he is failing. I'm not saying that he is doing well but he isn't failing. I know it is still bad but I was so worried about him failing because I just want him out of that school. On another note, he is doing better, at least for now. He is getting most of his work done and has went quite a few days without getting his name on the board. I think the idea of failing really shook him up so I guess that was a good thing. I went to pick him up Monday and I got the standard "you should really put him on meds" speech from one of the teachers. I so hate it when they start that. It is not worth the trade-off for him anymore. Yes when he was younger it helped tremendously but it no longer helps enough to warrant the fact that he doesn't grow while he is on it. Have you seen my son lately? If you have you would understand. He has grown tons in the last year and the oh so skinny little thing is actually getting a gut!!! You gotta love that. He is old enough to start learning how to deal with the problems on his own. I have faith that he can overcome it. Plus spring isn't that far away and then he can burn off most of that extra energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment