Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm having a guilt ridden day!!

The kids are back to school and I love it. I've been so busy the last few days though that I haven't had the chance to enjoy it like I want. The older they get, the more complicated our lives get. I want my kids to be involved in things though. I have felt guilty for years because it is too hard for us to do a lot of things. I get the comment all the time from people that they don't see why it is any harder just because we have more kids but it is. It really is. How do you make one kid suffer so that the other can do something. You have to figure out where to draw the line and some things are just too hard to coordinate. I wish that the boys could play on the Football League but it is just too complicated. If I had any kind of help at all with the kids it would be simpler but we really don't have anyone that we can count on to help with them. So we had to say that they could play once they are old enough to play for the school but then that puts them at a disadvantage because all of the other boys have more experience. It is just so hard sometimes to figure out what is the right thing to do. How much is too much but then when is it not enough? We do baseball because there are no conflicts with any other school activities at that time and if they don't want to play that is fine too. I guess I'm just feeling guilty right now because Joe started Middle School and a lot of the boys that he played football with when we tried to let him play are big buddies of course and now I'm thinking about how much of an advantage he would have had if he had been playing with them all this time and already had all of those relationships built. I want to give my kids every advantage that I can but at what cost. That is the dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment