Monday, August 25, 2008

The Countdown is Over....

Tomorrow is the first day of school. After all of the counting down I know that you think that I don't love my kids but that is just not the truth. I love them to death but being with anyone 24/7 is a daunting thing to ask. So Yes tomorrow will be a great day for me. I have never been a mother that needed my kids to be dependent on me in order to feel validated. I would prefer that they are independent, that is where I find my joy. Knowing that they will be able to think and act for themselves when they need to is very gratifying. That is my measurement for how well I have done my job and I do believe I have done it well so far. Not perfectly by far. I can see so many mistakes that I make on a daily basis but I am constantly learning from those mistakes and hopefully in the process teaching them that this is how life works. You learn and grow, adapt and change, to continuously better yourself and the lives of those around you.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment